How many Days are Left until August 8?
August 8 – There are 286 days left until August 8! August 8 is the 220th (two hundred and twentieth) day of the year in the Gregorian calendar and the 221st in leap years. Therefore, there are 286 days left in the year.
- 1967: ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations) found in Bangkok.
- 1967: In Asuncion ( Paraguay ), the newspaper ABC Color was founded, which was persecuted and closed down during the dictatorship of General Alfredo Stroessner.
- 1974 – In the United States, President Richard Nixon publicly announced his resignation from the Watergate scandal on television.
- 1987: The X Pan American Games were inaugurated in Indianapolis (United States).
- 1991: The Warsaw radio tower, the tallest structure built until January 2009 (when the Burj Khalifa building reached its maximum height, 828 meters), collapses in Poland.
- 1992: Spain wins its first Olympic Games in football at the Montjuic Olympic Stadium in Barcelona, defeating Poland 3-2.
- 2000: In Chile, the Supreme Court of Justice removes the diplomatic immunity and the position of “senator for life” from former dictator Augusto Pinochet.
- 2000: In the United States, the Confederate submarine H. L. Hunley raised after 136 years on the seabed.
- 2001: The United States launches the Genesis probe to study the solar wind.
- 2008: The XXIX Olympic Games edition is inaugurated in Beijing ( China ).
- 2010: the region of Zhouqu ( China ) is buried in mud and rock after the fall of several avalanches, with a balance of at least 1,471 deaths.
- 2016: At the emergency entrance of the Civil Hospital in the city of Qüetta ( Pakistan ), a terrorist from the Islamic State group commits suicide by setting off 8 kg of explosives. The attack left 63 dead and 101 wounded.
- 2018: In Argentina, the Senate rejects the project to legalize abortion by 38 votes to 31.
- 2019: After rejecting the Abortion Law in Argentina, the International Day of Action for Two Lives begins to be celebrated in cities throughout Ibero -America.
- 1990 – Vladimir Darida, Czech footballer
- 1990 – Alec Kann, an American soccer player
- 1991 – Marta Corredera, Spanish soccer player.
- 1991: Nelson Miguel Castro Oliveira, Portuguese football player.
- 1991 – Joel Matip, German-Cameroonian footballer
- 1991: Ivan Lendric, Croatian footballer.
- 1992 : Josip Drmic , Suizo football player.
- 1994 – Lauv, an American musician
- 1994: Igor Vujacic , Montenegrin footballer.
- 1994 – Jeremy Toljan, German footballer
- 1994 – Joris Kayembe, Belgian footballer
- 1995 – Malin Reitan , Norwegian singer
- 1995: Bozhidar Chorbadzhiyski, Bulgarian footballer.
- 1995: Emre Tasdemir , Futbolista turco.
- 1995: S. Coups, South Korean rapper, member of the group SEVENTEEN.
- 1997 : Filip Jagiełło , Polish football player.
- 1998 – Shawn Mendes, Canadian actor, songwriter, and singer
- 1999: Xiaojun, Chinese singer and dancer, member of the group NCT and the sub-unit way.
- 2001 – Shaun Dimech , Maltese footballer
Also Read: Build Team – Team Won’t Sink Your Startup
- 2004 – Fay Wray, Canadian-American actress (b. 1907).
- 2005 – Barbara Bel Geddes, American actress (b. 1922)
- 2005 – Ahmed Deedat, Islamist theologian (b. 1918).
- 2005 – Ilse Werner, German actress (b. 1921)
- 2007: Nicolau Casaus de la Fuente I Jené, Spanish football manager (b. 1913).
- 2009 – Alfonso Calderon , Chilean poet, novelist, essayist, and critic (b. 1930).
- 2009 – Daniel Jarque, Spanish footballer (b. 1983)
- 2009 – Raul Solnado , Portuguese humorist (b. 1929)
- 2010 – José María Lopez Piñero , Spanish scientific historian (b. 1933). 4
- 2010 – David Dixon, American sports entrepreneur (b. 1923) 5
- 2010 – Juan Marichal, Spanish essayist, literary critic, and historian (b. 1922) 6
- 2010 – Patricia Neal, American actress (b. 1926) 7
- 2011 – Ernesto Silva Bafalluy , Chilean economist and rector (b. 1948).
- 2012 – Lourdes Canale , Mexican actress (b. 1934).
- 2012 – Sancho Gracia, Spanish actor (b. 1936)
- 2012 – Jairo Varela, Colombian salsa singer-songwriter (b. 1949). 8
- 2013 – Karen Black, American actress (b. 1939)
- 2017: Rius, Mexican cartoonist (b. 1934)
- 2018 – Takeshi Onaga, Japanese politician (b. 1950)
- 2019 – Jean-Pierre Mocky, French actor, film director, screenwriter, and film producer (b. 1933).
- 2019 – Manfred Max Neef, Chilean economist, environmentalist, and politician (b. 1932).
- 2019 – Catalina Ruiz Perez, Spanish physicist (b. 1957)
- 2020 – Gabriel Ochoa Uribe, Colombian footballer and manager (b. 1929).
- 2022: Olivia Newton-John, Australian actress and singer (b. 1948).
- International female orgasm day
- International Cat Day. 9
Caleruega: patronal festivity in honor of Santo Domingo de Guzman .
Ibiza: patronal festivity in honour of San Ciriaco de Atalia (martyred in 303).
- Sweden: Queen’s Day.
- Taiwan: Father’s Day.